Oh man, it has been a year.
Last week, I was chatting with our accounts team when they reminded me of one of the holiday messages I wrote to a client with a gift we sent at the end of 2020. “Cheers to 2020. Let’s never fucking do that again.”
This year was markedly better: We landed a probe on Mars, most got vaccinated, some billionaires went to space, the Olympics happened, and, most importantly of all, we got to find out whether it was possible to make a (good) adaptation of Frank Herbert’s Dune.
We have much to be proud of here at TAG. We:
- Hired 24 awesome people
- Had a live cooking class with an Italian grandma in Sicily teaching all of us how to make gnocchi (with expected hilarity ensuing)
- Had a baby (well, our front end engineer did)
- Found out a team member is expecting
- Spent thousands of dollars on professional development for the team
- Finalized our mission, vision, and values
- Greatly expanded our leadership team and capabilities
- Launched beautiful websites for wonderful clients
- Won more than 14 awards
- Sent more than 783,000 Slack messages
- Spent too many minutes on Zoom
- Competed for more than 350 deals
- Watched TAG alumni go in-house at some of the most iconic brands on the planet
- Met up in-person for a beautiful late summer night by the water
But it wasn’t all peaches and martinis. Like many companies, we’ve certainly had our share of challenges this year. But we learned from every single one, and that is all that matters. I believe that while making the same mistakes is a bad thing, making new mistakes is a good thing because it means you are learning. (At least, that helps me sleep better at night.)
Our team is growing, and we are hiring across all departments. Please check out our openings and consider applying!
Apparently, the United Nations has declared 2022 as the International Year of Artisanal Fisheries, Aquaculture, and Glass. But other than that—whatever that is—the future is unknowable. I’m sure 2022 will hold as many surprises as any recent year in memory. But for our little agency, I know that what has been true in the past will remain true in 2022, no matter what happens: So long as we stay true to our values and continue to relentlessly advocate for our client’s best interests, we will continue to learn, thrive, and do remarkable things, together.
See you in 2022.
Join our mailing list and you can stay this informed all the time.
Don't be a stranger.
Keep up to date by signing up for our newsletter. It’ll be fun, we promise.